INFORMAL AND UNORGANISED SECTOR
Congress promises a fair deal to the crores of workers and the self-employed who toil every day in the unorganised and informal sector.
- We will encourage and support micro and small enterprises that collectivise unorganised sector workers including waste pickers and scrap collectors.
- Congress will ensure that notified minimum wages are paid to workers in the unorganised sector.
- Congress will ratify ILO Convention 87 (Freedom of Association) and ILO Convention 98 (Right to Organise and Collective Bargaining).
- The Street Vendors (Protection of Livelihood and Regulation of Street Vending) Act, 2014 will be implemented in letter and spirit.
- Congress will guarantee portability for the ration card possessed by a migrant worker and the right to access ration articles at their place of work.
- Congress promises to establish Aajeevika Kendras (Livelihood Centres) in all major cities and towns where a migrant worker may register himself/herself in order to:
- Access government services;
- Access basic healthcare;
- Access crèches and schools for his or her children;
- Access skill development and training centres; and,
- Access legal services.